Simon and June Li Undergraduate Scholarship: This is another golden opportunity for students who wish to further their educational carrier in the United Kingdom. We are glad to tell you that Simon and June Li Undergraduate Scholarship application is presently open. You will get to know all about the scholarship in this very post.
What to Know About the School
The University of Oxford is a research university in Oxford, England. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the ancient university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in constant operation.
It grew quickly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from joining the University of Paris. After disagreements between students and Oxford residents in 1209, some academics fled northeast to Cambridge where they established the University of Cambridge.
The two English olden universities share many mutual geographies and are jointly mentioned as Oxbridge. Oxford is rated among the most significant universities in the world.
The University of Oxford has refined a wide variety of distinguished alumni, including 28 prime ministers of the United Kingdom and numerous heads of state and government all over the world. As of October 2020, 72 Nobel Prize laureates, 3 Fields Medalists, and 6 Turing Award winners have studied, worked, or held visiting fellowships at the University of Oxford, while its alumni have won 160 Olympic medals.
Oxford is the abode of plentiful scholarships, including the Rhodes Scholarship, one of the ancient international graduate scholarship programs.
More About the School
The University of Oxford is a city university that does not have a central campus instead, colleges, departments, accommodation, other amenities are spread throughout the city center.
The Science Area, in which most science departments are situated, is the area that bears the closest similarity to a campus. The ten acres (4 hectares) of Radcliffe Observatory Quarter in the northwest of the city is currently under development. However, the larger colleges sites are of similar size to these areas.
While the university has a larger yearly income and functioning budget, the colleges have a larger cumulative legacy: over £4.9bn likened to the university’s £1.2bn. The central University’s legacy, along with some of the colleges’, is achieved by the university’s wholly-owned endowment management office, Oxford University Endowment Management, formed in 2007.
The university used to maintain considerable investments in fossil fuel companies. However, in April 2020, the University committed to divest from direct investments in fossil fuel companies and to necessitate unintended investments in fossil fuel companies to be subjected to the Oxford Martin Principles.
Worth of the Scholarship
The scholarship benefits are course fees and a grant towards living costs.
Eligibility for Simon and June Li Undergraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must be ordinarily resident in one of the eligible countries.
- Applicants must be registered for an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford for the 2022 academic session.
- You must have gotten relevant credentials required for admission into Oxford University.
- Applicants must prove excellent academic and leadership abilities.
- Aspirants must note that the scholarship is highly competitive and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered scholarships.
- Subject Eligibility: Humanities, Social Science, Mathematical Science, Physical Science, Life, and Medical Sciences.
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS and be successful in gaining a place.
- For 2022 entry applicants who apply by the scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2022.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
The application deadline for this scholarship is February 9, 2022.
If you are not interested in this particular scholarship, See other Scholarships here