Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships: Earn your undergraduate or postgraduate degree from the University of Sydney by applying for the Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships. The grant program is open for the 2022-2023 educational session.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
This support will help you pursue an undergraduate and master’s degree by providing you with an amount of $8000.
The University of Sydney is a public research institution ranked 38th in the QS Global World University Rankings and 27th in the Best Global Universities. It believes in education for all and leadership that improves the quality of life in every community it serves. The University is pleased to produce leaders who promote positive change for the betterment of the international community.
The University of Sydney is well-known throughout the world. Consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world as a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability, it improves lives by producing society’s leaders and equipping their people with leadership qualities to serve their communities at every level.
Application Deadline: Applications will be open from 9 May 2022 and closes on 30 May 2022 at 11.59 pm.
Brief Description of Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate research
- Award: $8000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australian and Japanese
- The award can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarships
- Countries: Australia and Japan.
- Courses: Undergraduate or postgraduate degree will be awarded in Japanese studies.
- Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Domestic students enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate research degree in Japanese studies within the School of Languages and Cultures at the Faculty of Arts, and Social Sciences can apply.
- Japanese studies include, without limitation, all studies related to Japanese modern and premodern culture, history, language, society and literature.
- International students
- International students from Japan who are enrolled to study at the University of Sydney and reside or are intending to reside at the Women’s College are eligible to apply.
- Domestic postgraduate research students wish to travel to Japan as part of their research studies.
- Domestic undergraduate or postgraduate research students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Domestic postgraduate research students who live at the Women’s College and intend to travel to Japan as part of their research studies.
- International applicants from Japan and who live at or intend to live at the Women’s College.
How to Apply
- Students must log in to the online portal to submit an admission application. After that, the Scholarship application form must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit the following:
- Area of study and research proposal,
- A personal statement that addresses the reason for the application for the scholarship, relevance of travel to Japan for studies and description of their financial situation
- detailed budget
- financial hardship
- Proof of residency or intended residency at The Women’s College
- Admission Requirements: To become a part of the university, you must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can commence your studies at the University.
What to Benefits
The scholarship will provide a stipend allowance of $8000. The exact value of the scholarship will be stipulated in the offer letter to the successful recipient.