Psychology Doctoral Research Scholarship: If you interested in furthering an education in UK, this is a golden opportunity for you! Psychology Doctoral Research Scholarship is presently running an application for International Students at University of Sussex.
The University of Sussex is a public research university based in Falmer, East Sussex, England. The university is mostly within the city boundaries of Brighton and Hove but spills into the Lewes District in its eastern fringe.
The university’s large campus site is surrounded by the South Downs National Park and is around 5.5 kilometers (3.4 mi) from central Brighton. The University of Sussex received its Royal Charter in August 1961, the first of the plate glass university generation and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities.
In addition, over a third of its students are enrolled in postgraduate programs and approximately a third of staff are from outside the United Kingdom. The University of Sussex has a diverse community of almost 20,000 students, with about one in three being foreign students, and more than 1,000 academics, representing more than 140 different nationalities.
The University of Sussex was rated 20th in the UK and 160th in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. The Sunday Times rated the university in 19th place nationally in 2021.
The university was rated 15th in the UK by the Complete University Guide in 2017. The University of Sussex was rated 187th in the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2017. The university was rated 205th the 2018 CWTS Leiden Ranking.
The University of Sussex rated as 66th in the world in 2016 for its sustainability on the UI GreenMetric ranking. The Complete University guide 2018 rated the university as sixth in the UK for Graduate prospects and 1st in the South East (graduates getting into employment or further study immediately after graduation).
Worth of Psychology Doctoral Research Scholarship
- The Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship covers overseas level PhD tuition fees of £22,975, a stipend (currently £15,609 pa) as well as some research and training costs.
- The scholarship also cover a stipend for 3 years (tied to the UKRI studentship rates, currently £15,609 p.a.) to cover living costs.
Eligibility for Psychology Doctoral Research Scholarship
- To be qualified for the scholarship, each candidate of Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship must have an offer letter from University of Sussex for a PhD program in psychology.
- All candidate applying for Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship must be international students.
- You must also exceed the admission criteria established by the University to be eligible for the scholarship.
Documents Required for Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship
You need to provide a research proposal that indicates your knowledge of the research area, hypotheses that could be addressed in your PhD, and an highlight of potential methods, a current degree transcript(s) with full details of performance on all completed courses, two academic references, an up-to-date CV, a document summarizing any teaching experience you have and illustrating your suitability for a Doctoral Tutor role.
- To apply for the scholarship, you must submit your application online for ‘PhD in Psychology’ for entry in September 2022.
- If you are interested in Psychology Doctoral Research Studentship and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website.
The application deadline for the scholarship is January 18, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here