Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship: This is good news for students who wish to study in the Us. We are glad to notify you that the Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship application is presently running at the Musicians Institute. You will get to know all about the scholarship in this article.
What to know about the School
Musicians Institute (MI) is a for-profit college of modern music in Los Angeles, California. MI students can earn Certificates and the transfer of coursework taken at Los Angeles City College – Associate of Arts Degrees, as well as Bachelor of Music Degrees in either Performance or Composition. The college was founded in 1977.
Musicians Institute was established as The Guitar Institute of Technology in 1977 as a one-year vocational school of guitarists and bassists. Its prospectus and pedagogical style were shaped by guitarist Howard Roberts (1929–1992). Pat Hicks (né Patrick Carroll Hicks; born 1934), a Los Angeles music industry entrepreneur, was the co-founder of the Musicians Institute.
He is credited for providing the organizational structure and management that quickly transformed Howard Roberts’ educational philosophy into a major music school.
The Musicians Institute proposes instrumental performance programs for bass, drums, guitar, keyboard technology, and vocals. Music industry programs include audio engineering, Independent Artist Program, the Guitar Craft Academy, and Music Business. The school offers Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Bachelor of Music degrees in addition to certificates.
More About the School
The Institute of International Education, in its assessment of “Top 40 Specialized Institutions, 2009/10,” from its publication, International Students: Leading Institutions by Institutional Type, ranked Musicians Institute 13 in the United States out of 40.
Musicians Institute and its programs are listed by the state of California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. It has been an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) since 1981.
In 1992, new musicologist Robert Walser cited the Musicians Institute as one of the best-known schools for guitarists, one that has succeeded outside the ivory tower, offering students broader professional training.
But a trade-off, according to a review in the October 2012 issue of Performer Magazine, is that a lack of academic accreditation – specifically from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – can make it challenging for students to transfer credits from MI to academic institutions.
To meet the academic criteria for a Bachelor of Music Degree 45 quarter units or 30-semester units in liberal arts – the Musicians Institute has a partnership with nearby Los Angeles City College (LACC) to study English, mathematics, natural science, social science, and humanities.
LACC is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Carnegie Foundation has chosen the Musicians Institute as a “Special Focus Institute in Music.
Worth of Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship
The scholarship award will be $1,600 accredited toward the first quarter of the program.
Eligibility for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship
- To be eligible for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship, You must be available to international students and U.S. citizens.
- To be eligible for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship, You may only be applied to the Associate of Arts in Performance (AA Drum) Program and Bachelor of Music in Performance Studies (Drum) Program
- Newly enrolling, and current/returning students are eligible for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are not eligible for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants must have submitted the Application for Admissions by the scholarship application deadline.
- To be eligible for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship, Awardee must maintain registration at 12 units (full-time status) during the full length of the award period. Failure to maintain enrollment and satisfactory academic progress in the program for the full duration of the scholarship will result in the withdrawal of the award.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program, or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
How to Apply for Kyle Mathis Memorial Rock Drum Scholarship
If you interested and qualified, go to the link below to apply
YouTube video URL: Video must cover at a minimum: three (3) songs in the Rock genre on the drum set. It is essential that this include two (2) ensemble (live band or duo, and/or pre-recorded play-along tracks format) performances; and one (1) unaccompanied drum solo performance (No play-along tracks will be accepted for the solo piece).
The application deadline for this scholarship is March 4, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
If you are not interested in this particular scholarship, see other Scholarships here