Johnson and Johnson Scholarships at LSHTM UK for Students 2022/2023: Do you wish to further your education in UK? If yes, this is good news! Johnson and Johnson Scholarships is presently ongoing application at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
In this regard, we will talk more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The program of study objects to provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop, initiate and supervise mental health program and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to organize and critically assess research on global mental health.
However, those skills and knowledge will make it viable for college students to make splendid contributions in the realms of research, policy and practice as they relate to the discipline of world intellectual health.
As regards the absence of undergraduate degrees, the school is not included in the usual college rankings of QS and Times Higher Education, even though some subject-specific rankings are available.
In the 2020 ARWU Ranking for the subject of Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine rated 3rd globally behind only Harvard University and Johns Hopkins University.
For the 2021 US News Best Global Universities Rankings, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine rated 3rd in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health, 4th in Infectious Diseases, and 11th in the world for Social Sciences and Public Health.
The school also rated 45th in the world for clinical medicine and 88th for cardiovascular systems, 26th for immunology and 46th for microbiology, contributing to an overall rating of 114th in the world, 43rd in Europe and 12th in the UK.
In the 2015 CWTS Leiden Ranking, the school rated as the top university in Europe for research impact in all fields, ahead of Oxford and Cambridge.
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine was rated 6th overall in the world for impact based on the top 1% of published papers in all fields, after MIT, Harvard, Caltech, Stanford and Berkeley, 3rd in the world for biomedical and health sciences, after only MIT and Caltech, and 5th in the world overall for collaborative research.
By 2020, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine rated 23rd. In 2008, the UK Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) confirmed the school as a world leading center for research.
The school has also been rated one of the top three research institutions in the UK in the Times Higher Education Table of Excellence, which is based on the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
Worth of Johnson and Johnson Scholarships
The scholarship will cover a full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate, an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses and a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
Eligibility for Johnson and Johnson Scholarships
- To be eligible for Johnson and Johnson Scholarships, each candidate must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health starting in 2022/2023.
- You must be nationals of Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South America, Nicaragua and Peru to be qualified for Johnson and Johnson Scholarships.
- Candidates from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the minimum English Requirements if shortlisted for this scholarship. Note that candidates who have been short-listed for this funding will be expected to provide proof of English language proficiency within 6 weeks of notification for their scholarship application to be considered any further. A copy of the related paperwork must be submitted to the Scholarships Team at the school.
- To apply for the scholarship, you need to submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health program, with all necessary documents, through the King’s College London online application portal by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 13 February 2022.
- You are expected to submit an online scholarships application by selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 20 March 2022. The scholarship application must include evidence of your application submission for MSc in Global Mental Health for 2022-23 or Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2022-23 MSc Global Mental Health program and English Proficiency score results if you have this already.
For more information, visit the school’s website.
The application deadline for the scholarship is February 13, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here