International PhD Studentships in History and Geography: Applicants who are Interested are invited to send in application for Migration and Movement Signature Research Theme PhD Scholarships offered by the DCU School of History and Geography in Ireland.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Excellent opportunity for applicants to get a PhD study in Ireland.
The School of History and Geography is a part of the Dublin City University and offers a unique combination of innovative and established courses, unlike any other institution in the state at the undergraduate level. The staff of this school is to support students in research projects in History and Geography.
The School encourages a student-centered approach and actively participates in community outreach. Both its administrative and academic staff is easily accessible and eager to advise and assist.
Deadline: Applications should be received by the closing date of 5 pm on 1st April 2022.
Short Description of International PhD Studentships in History and Geography
- University or Organization: Dublin City University
- Department: DCU School of History and Geography
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: €16,500 pa
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility of International PhD Studentships in History and Geography
- Countries: EU or non-EU students are eligible to apply.
- Courses: Applicants can undertake PhD degree at the School of History and Geography
- Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Students can apply to DCU via its online application portal. The applicants are required to attach the following documents in a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the scholarship. The applicants must put ‘Michael Jordan Fellowship’ in the subject bar of all email communications.
- Required Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of transcripts of qualifications
- Research proposal – please use the Institute of Education Research Proposal Form linked
- Please put Michael Jordan Fellowship in the subject bar of all email communications.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates holding an appropriate Master’s degree obtained by research may apply for direct entry to the PhD register to conduct research in a cognate area.
- Candidates with a taught Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline with first or second-class honors, and candidates with a primary degree in an appropriate discipline with first or second-class honors, grade one
- Language Required: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements.
What to Benefits
Dublin City University will cover all tuition fees (EU or non-EU) and provide an annual stipend for living expenses of €16,500 pa for up to 4 years subject to satisfactory annual progression.