Free Sanctuary Scholarships at Newcastle University in UK 2022: If you are wishing to study in the UK, here is a good news for you. We are glad to bring to your notice that Free Sanctuary Scholarships application is presently running at Newcastle University.
Newcastle University (Officially, the University of Newcastle upon Tyne) is a public research University located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England. The university can trace its roots to a School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine), established in 1834, and to the College of Physical Science (later renamed Armstrong College), founded in 1871.
These two colleges came to form one division of the federal University of Durham, with the Durham Colleges creating the other. The Newcastle colleges merged to form Kings College in 1937. In 1963, following an Act of Parliament, Kings College converted the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
The University occupies a campus place close to Haymarket in central Newcastle upon Tyne. It is located to the northwest of the city center between the open spaces of Leazes Park and the Town Moor.
The Armstrong building is the eldest building on the campus and is the place of the original Armstrong College. The building was constructed in three stages; the north east wing was completed first at a cost of £18,000 and opened by Princess Louise on 5 November 1888. The south-east wing, which comprises the Jubilee Tower, and south-west wings were released in 1894.
The Jubilee Tower was built with excess funds raised from an Exhibition to mark Queen Victoria’s Jubilee in 1887. The north-west front, forming the main entrance, was completed in 1906 and features two stone figures to signify science and the arts.
Much of the later construction work was funded by Sir Isaac Lowthian Bell, the metallurgist and former Lord Mayor of Newcastle, after whom the highest tower is named. In 1906 it was opened by King Edward VII.
The university is a member of the Russell Group of the UKs research-intensive universities. It is graded in the top 200 of most world statuses, and in the top 25 of most UK positions.
It is ranked 146th by QS, 114th by Leiden and joint 171st by Times Higher Education globally in 2018, while nationally, it is rated 21st by the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide, 22nd by the Complete University Guide and 27th on the Guardian for 2018.
The majority of its undergraduate courses are rated in the top 20 by the Complete University Guide in the country with a number of subjects tiered in the top 10 such as Dentistry (3rd), Medicine (9th), Architecture (5th), Linguistics (3rd) Art and Design (1st) and Communication and Media Studies (1st).
The university Cochrane Park sports facility was a training site for the teams playing football games at St James Park for the 2012 London Olympics.
In 2013 the university got into a two-year agreement with sportswear producer Adidas that includes scholarships and sportswear for two of the university’s most talented athletes, and some funding for the Athletics Union.
Worth of Free Sanctuary Scholarships
Free Sanctuary Scholarships gives full tuition fees and living expenses.
Eligibility of Free Sanctuary Scholarships
- The following categories of applicants can apply under this scheme:
- asylum seekers
- children of asylum seekers and unaided asylum-seeking children (eg children migrants under 18)*
- applicants with refugee status (ineligible for Student Finance government funding)
- Applicants must be living in the North East of England (Tyne and Wear, County Durham, Northumberland, Cleveland and North Cumbria) at the time that they apply for consideration under the scheme.*
- Applicants must have applied for a place on a Newcastle University degree program. Precedence will be given to applicants applying for their first degree.
- Their expected grades must meet the entry requirements for the degree concerned.
- Applicants must meet the English language criteria for their course or have pertinent qualifications to indicate their English language capability.
- Personal conditions will be taken into account if there is good reason for criterion 4 or 5 not being met.
- Applicants must be incapable to access mainstream funding, for example from Student Finance England or a local authority grant.
How to Apply for Free Sanctuary Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified? Check link below to apply
Applicants will be required to upload proof of their immigration status and a reference. The orientation should be from someone who has known the applicant for a significant period of time and who is aware of their personal statuses.
Please read the Free Sanctuary Scholarship Application Guidance Notes (PDF: 415KB) carefully, before implementing the application form.
The application deadline for this scholarship is April 8, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here