ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships: If you wish to further your education in China with the funding program, you can apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarships program at East China Normal University.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Through this funding scheme, you can fund your undergraduate, master’s, or PhD studies at the East China Normal University.
East China Normal University is a comprehensive public research university in Shanghai, China. This institute is a merger of the Great China University and Kwang Hua University and is currently ranked 371st in Best Global Universities. It is often considered one of the most prestigious universities in China.
East China Normal University is one of the most prestigious universities in China. As one of the first Chinese universities to carry out international Chinese education, it enjoys a leading position in this field. ECNU is working steadily towards transforming itself into a world-class university, with several first-class disciplines and well-coordinated discipline development, while also leading the development of China’s teacher education.
Deadline: The last date to apply for the scholarship is May 10.
- University or Organization: East China Normal University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program
- Award: Full or Partial
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
Eligibility for ECNU Shanghai Government Scholarships
- Countries: All nationalities.
- Courses: Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program in any field offered by the university.
- Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and under 40.
- Students that have won the Chinese Government Scholarship or any scholarship offered by other organizations are not entitled to apply to SGS.
- Students can log in here and apply for the Undergraduate, graduate, or PhD program at the East China Normal University. After that, complete the Scholarship application.
- Required Documents: Submit High School Graduation Certificate, copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have high school qualifications or above with a valid foreign passport.
- Language Required: Applicants must have the following:
- For Chinese-taught programs: copy the effective (within 2 yrs) HSK certificate.
- For English taught programs: IELTS (6.0 or above) / TOFEL (85 or above) / Cambridge English (B2 or above) certificate
What to Benefits
- Type A (Full scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fees and accommodation on campus; provide comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living expense (Doctoral program: CNY3500; Graduate program: CNY3000; Undergraduate program: CNY2500)
- Type B (Partial scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fees and provide comprehensive medical insurance.