Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment (DPR) 2022/2023 www.dpr.gov.ng: Are you looking for work in the oil sector? The Department of Petroleum Resources recruits eligible applicants into the Oil and Gas Industry.
The primary purpose of the DPR recruitment is to create extra job opportunities for each Nigerian undergraduates and graduates. Also, a profession course in DPR can pass an extended manner in putting you up for excellent job advantages and precious networks.
So, in this article, you will learn first-hand all about the department of petroleum resources, their recruitment process and other important updates on their requirements, qualifications, and guidelines.
DPR, an acronym for the Department Of Petroleum Resources is one of the petroleum regulatory bodies in Nigeria.
It was renamed after the Petroleum Inspectorate which was created in 1977 by the Federal Government through DECREE 33 OF 1977.
So in 1985, it became the technical arm of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
Mission: To ensure the sustainable development of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas resources across the value chain for our stakeholders through effective regulation, while entrenching world-class professionalism, accountability, and transparency.
Please be aware that Uyoloadded.com do not have any association with the Department of Petroleum Resources. We do not recruit, prepare aptitude exams nor choose a successful candidates for the DPR. Therefore, this writeup is simply an informative article.
Below are the current members of the governing body of the Department of Petroleum Resources.
|Mr Ahmad Rufai Shakur||AG. Director of Petroleum Resources|
|Mr Johnson Ajewole||Head, Planning|
|Mrs Ibidun Toweh||Head, Engineering, and Standards|
|Mr Mohammed Ahmed Alaku||Head, Downstream Monitoring and Regulation|
|Mr Sanki Hassan||Head, Basinal Assessment/ Lease Administration and Office of The Director|
|Dr Musa Mohammed Zagi||Head, Safety Health and Environment|
|Mr Olusanya Bajomo||Head, Gas Monitoring & Regulation|
|Mr Enorense Amadasu||Head, Upstream Monitoring & Regulation|
|Mr Olukayode Ojo||Head, Finance & Accounts|
Components of the Operation System of DPR
Various departments make up the system of operations of the Department of Petroleum Resources. They include:
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Engineering & Standard
Function of The DPR
In line with the organization’s vision and mission, the DPR carry out the following responsibilities:
- The supervision of all Petroleum Industry operations being carried out under licenses and leases in the country.
- Monitoring of Petroleum Industry operations to ensure that they are in line with national goals and aspirations including those relating to Flare down and Domestic Gas Supply Obligations.
- Ensuring that Health Safety & Environment regulations conform to national and international best oil field practices.
- Maintaining records on petroleum industry operations, particularly on matters about petroleum reserves, production/exports, licenses, and leases.
- Advising Government and relevant Government agencies on technical matters and public policies that may affect the administration and petroleum activities.
- To review and process industry applications for leases, licenses, and permits.
- Ensuring timely and accurate payments of Rents, Royalties, and other revenues due to the government.
- Maintaining and administering the National Data Repository (NDR).
The Cost of The DPR Recruitment Application Form
It is important to note that the DPR recruitment is free as no amount is attached to the form.
Interested applicants are therefore advised to beware of scammers who try to rip them off their money.
When Will DPR Recruitment Application Close?
The 2022 DPR Recruitment portal recruitment.dpr.gov.ng is not yet open for applications.
However, candidates are advised to keep checking the DPR recruitment portal for updates regularly.
The Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2022
If a job in the oil sector sounds good to you, then you might like this opportunity. Every year, the DPR carries out an ongoing recruitment exercise on their portal for graduates as well as training opportunities too.
But, this implies that interested applicants should access the DPR recruitment portal regularly to keep themselves updated on the news.
The Available Jobs for DPR Recruitment 2022
There are a variety of graduate trainee opportunities, and experienced professional jobs as well, open for thousands of candidates across the nation, in diverse fields of endeavor.
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Engineering
- Human Resources
DPR Recruitment Requirement 2022
If you are applying for the DPR recruitment, you must meet the required eligibility criteria and also provide the necessary documents needed.
The DPR Requirement for Graduate Trainee
- B.Sc/B. Tech/BA/HND/OND in relevant field
- Minimum of a Second Class or Upper Credit as related
- NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate
- Proven Computer Literacy
- 30 years old is the maximum age limit
The DPR Requirement for Experienced Professionals
- Proven Computer Literacy
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience from the oil and gas industry or any other relevant experience
- NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate
- 30 years old is the maximum age limit.
The Documents Needed For DPR Recruitment Exercise 2022
Surely, you know that there are documents that are always required for every DPR recruitment. They include:
- A Passport photograph
- A copy of the SSCE certificate or any other O’level certificate
- Scanned copy of Higher Institution Certificate
- Scanned copy of NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate
- Any other necessary supporting documents
Essentially, applicants for 2022 DPR recruitment are expected to fill their application forms online.
Steps on How To Apply For DPR Recruitment?
Firstly, you should read this.
So, the only platform for registration is through the DPR Recruitment Portal. DPR will not be held responsible for any information provided to websites that did not originate from us.
- Before you start, read carefully the instructions on the DPR recruitment portal homepage and get the required documents for the category that best describes your interest.
- Click the register button under the “application guidelines section” on the recruitment portal home page or click the button below to go to the registration page. You can also restart the application at any time before the final submission. To restart, just click on the restart application button at the bottom of any application page.
- On the registration page, ensure that you fill the form with correct data, then click on the register button and a confirmation message will be sent to the e-mail provided. Make sure you protect your login credentials. It should not be shared with others. Note that, the format of your password should contain one lowercase, one uppercase letter, a number and must be at least six characters long.
- After registration on the DPR Recruitment Portal, you will then get an e-mail confirmation to notify you of your registration and you will be redirected to the recruitment login on the portal. Log in and select the appropriate job type that best describes your career of interest. It is also important to read the instructions beneath carefully and click on apply.
- On the next page, pick the job type that best describes your field of study and click on apply.
- The next page will require your bio-data information and a passport photograph which must be in .png format and not more than 62 Kilobyte (62Kb). Click on the box to upload your photo. Then, save and continue to submit the form and picture.
ALSO NOTE: Make sure the form is submitted before proceeding.
Proceeding to the Third Stage
- The third stage will require you to fill in your education information. For a graduate trainee position, you can only enter one higher institution but more than one for experienced professionals.
- All documents must be in PDF format. The following documents are needed on this page: N.Y.S.C Discharge/ exemption Certificate, Higher Institution Certificate as well as Secondary School leaving Certificate.
- On the next page, fill in your referee information, professional qualification (if available), and select your preferred and alternate examination center. Click on save and then continue so, your profile will be created. Thoroughly go through this page and edit any incorrect information. You can print this page for reference purposes as this contains your reference number which you should write down in a safe place. NOTE: This page doesn’t guarantee your approval for any job posting. It is just for reference purposes. Before submitting and printing the button, make sure you have cross-checked the information you provided. You will not be able to make further changes.
- Always check your e-mail and dashboard for any latest information.
- Above all, you can always access this information page on the DPR Recruitment Portal by clicking on the how it works button at the top tab.
What next after I have applied for DPR Recruitment Form?
The Department of Petroleum Resources will then start the process of short-listing successful candidates for the screening exercise and Interview Invitation List.
Short-listed candidates that qualified during the Recruitment Exercise would be invited for document verification and Final Selection Interview after which the list of successful candidates would be published for Training and employment.
What Do DPR Officials earn? | Salary
According to the recruitment team, the Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR pays its entry-level staff N133,33 basic salary per month, totaling around N1.6 million per annum.
The Nigerian Oil industry is the most lucrative and highest paying sector in the country. After recruitment, the Department of Petroleum resources also pays allowances to its officials.
So, your annual take-home may rise as high as N2.5 MILLION.
However, as an industrial trainee, your annual income working with DPR is N400,000.
Department of Petroleum Resources – DPR Portal
For more information on the Department of Petroleum Resources, visit the official website by clicking on the portal link below:
Have Any Issues, Enquiry Or Feedback about DPR Recruitment?
7, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island,
Email: [email protected]
PUBLIC AFFAIRS UNIT (PAU)
Mr Paul Osu – Head PAU
Frequently Asked Questions
When was DPR founded?
DPR was renamed after the Petroleum Inspectorate which was created in 1977 by the Federal Government through DECREE 33 OF 1977.
The Full Meaning of DPR
DPR is an acronym for Department of Petroleum Resources
What DPR stand for
DPR stands for Department of Petroleum Resources. A regulatory arm of the Federal Government that controls the oil and gas sector.
What’s the DPR Recruitment Website?
The DPR recruitment official site is www.recruitment.dpr.gov.ng
The Head of DPR
Mr Ahmad Rufai Shakur has been appointed to head DPR.
The Mission and Vision of the Department of Petroleum Resources?
The vision of DPR is to become the leading regulator in the oil and gas sector. And its mission is to ensure the sustainable development of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas resources across the value chain for our stakeholders through effective regulation while entrenching world-class professionalism, accountability, and transparency.
When is DPR Recruitment Closing?
DPR recruitment portal has not begin to receive applications currently but applicants are advised to keep checking the portal for regular updates.
The Department of Petroleum Resources recruits undergraduates as well as graduates. So, if you have a zeal to work in this sector, the chance is open for you. Although, DPR recruitment 2022 has not started yet.