Apply Now For Destination Australia Scholarships at Southern Cross University: We are delighted to bring to your notice that Destination Australia Scholarships application is presently running at the Southern Cross University.
On 1 September 1971, the Lismore Teachers College became a College of Advanced Education, under the Higher Education Act 1969, with the institution soon retitled Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education in 1973.
Dr (later Professor) Rod Treyvaud was chosen principal in 1984, and oversaw an wide building program and the introduction of six new degree courses.
Following the publication of the Commonwealth Government’s White Paper on Higher Education in 1988 and its prominence on the progress of larger tertiary education institutions in Australia, Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education agreed to an association with the University of New England (UNE).
On 17 July 1989 the Northern Rivers CAE thus befitted part of network University of New England, with some 1800 staff and some 9500 EFTSU (effective full-time student units).
There was nevertheless displeasure with the new network University, and on 29 June 1993 the federal and state ministers for education together announced that a new University would be proven in the North Coast of NSW, which would contain of campuses at Lismore (formerly UNE – Northern Rivers) and Coffs Harbor (formerly UNE – Coffs Harbour Centre).
It was successively announced that the new institution would be named Southern Cross University. Suitable legislation was approved by both houses of the New South Wales Parliament in October 1993, and received the Royal Assent on 9 November 1993. Southern Cross University was officially established on 1 January 1994.
Southern Cross University is graded 33rd in Australia according to the QS World University Rankings, falling the bottom 15% among the included Australian public universities. The university has been rated at the 101-110th best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region for 2019 by the Times Higher Education World University Ratings.
Southern Cross University is graded ‘at world standard’ or above in 24 research areas by Excellence in Research for Australia 2015, and rated number one in Australia for International student sustenance for the third successive year. SCU was rated number two in Australia for overall learning familiarity by the International Student Barometer 2015.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is ranked 4 out of 5 stars by the Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA).
Worth of Destination Australia Scholarships
Scholarship worth $15,000 per year for up to four years.
Eligibility for Destination Australia Scholarships
- To be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships, You must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a student with an Australian permanent visa or an International Student Visa.
- To be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships, You must be a starting student in a course in 2022 with a printed full-time duration of 4 years.
- To be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships, you must have registered as a full-time student
- To be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships, You must have registered at Lismore or Coffs Harbor campus
- To be eligible for Destination Australia Scholarships, Penchant will be given to the following courses:
- Bachelor of Engineering Systems (Honors) — 3508001
- Bachelor of Education— 3007002
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology — 3007306
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy — 3007224
- Bachelor of Education — 3007002
- Bachelor of Exercise Science and Psychological Science — 3207113
- Receivers must preserve ongoing residency in a regional zone as defined by the 2016 Australian Geography Standard Remoteness Structure, for the period of each study period.
Where a course comprises study outside a regional zone (for example, for a clinical placement), placement away from the regional zone is permitted for no more than one study period (not beyond 6 months). In cases where the supplies of a obligatory placement exceed the permitted study period away from regional zone, endorsement must be sought from the Department of Education by the university.
- International Students are also obligatory to maintain a student visa for the period of the scholarship in order to ensure protection under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
To apply, All proposals must be finalized on or before the valid closing dates.
You will be needing:
- Your contact details
- Your SCU Student Identification Number
- Your Southern Cross University course preference
The application deadline for this scholarship is not specific.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia Scholarships here